The Bates Family of Old Virginia and The Bates Association
of New England have joined forces in arranging for DNA Test designed to
"Reconstruct the Bates Family."
SEE TEST RESULTS SO FAR
We have good Baseline of DNA from Bates with "documented" lineage from which
Bates of "undocumented" lineage can seek DNA match.
We are keeping the lineages on the TNG (The Next Generation).
BATES BASELINE CONSISTS OF DNA FROM DESCENDANTS OF
1. Immigrant John Bates (1598-1666) of York CoVA
2. Immigrant Wm. Bates (c1646-c1684) of Essex CoVA
3. Immigrant James Bates of Dorchester, MA
4. Immigrant Clement Bates of Hingham, MA
5. Immigrant Edward Bates of Weymouth, MA
6. Major branches of "documented" Bates from VA-NC-TN-
SC-NY-CT, who seek DNA match with the above immigrants.
If you've hit a stonewall in your Bates research, the Bates DNA test might well be the answer in jump-starting your Bates
research. Your DNA may well match DNA from Bates who has documented lineage.
Wayne Witt Bates, Sandy Bates, and D Harper - Volunteer Coordinators
Bates Family Reconstruction Project
http://www.bfoov.org Bates Family of Old VA
http://www.BatesAssociation.org Bates Family of New England